A beautiful STONE FARMHOUSE and ATTACHED BARN, dating from the 1600's and 1800's. These EXPERTLY RESTORED Farm buildings have everything to make your stay in the Dordogne both fabulous and memorable with their fully equipped breakfast kitchens, lovely open plan lounge/diners complete with beams, large open fireplace and honey-coloured stone. There are lovely patios with swimming pool and rural views - just perfect for a glass of wine or a relaxed lunch with family and friends… Both houses have WIFI throughout.
Both Le Noisetier (farmhouse barn) and Le Chataignier (Main Farmhouse) give our holiday makers access to an old authentic farmhouse and its attached barn with their rich rural history yet with the comfort and amenities of a modern, stylish home and all this in a location which is calm and peaceful but close to all the Dordogne's most famous sites and activities:- the Medieval town of Sarlat, Le Chateau de Castelnaud, Beynac, La Roque Gageac, Domme, Canooing on the Dordogne, Tree Top Climbing ....are all just a short drive away!
La Balade au Bois with its two lovely buildings has its own private garden with a wonderful barbecue area and outdoor eating space around the large heated pool.
Farmhouse Barn - Le Noisetier- (Size: 70 m²) this lovely gite offers you:
On the Groundfloor (tiled floors):
- Living Space- very beautifully decorated, open plan sitting, dining and kitchen area with several windows on all sides, old wooden beams, rafters and stone has been left exposed
- There is a sofa, easy chair, side tables, lamps, flat screen television with programmes in French and English. The Dining Room is in this same space and has a lovely roundtab le with 4 dining chairs. An outdoor patio leads from the sitting room and is a private and sheltered space- it is fully equipped with dining and lounge furniture plus barbecue. Access to the garden is via a gate or up a few steps
- 'Kiddies Corner' full size bunk beds with a small wardrobe an bedside cabinet
First Floor (wooden staircase, part hand rail) wood flooring
- Bedroom Double bed (150cm), bed side cabinets, wardrobe, small sofa, windows open to the rafter
- Bathroom – Full borner with shower over and shower screen, vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail, mirror
Main Farmhouse - Le Chataignier - (Size: 210 m²) this beautiful house offers you:
On the Groundfloor (Underfloor heating and tiled floors):
- Entrance – with doorbell and guest toilet
- Second Entrance – with cupboards and access to the Utility Room
- Utility room with washer, dryer, ironing equipment, a second large frige/freezer, sink unit, boiler, Hairdryer
- Bedroom 1 (en suite) : King size four poster bed (150cm), bedside cabinets, chest of drawers, large wardrobes with mirror, lamps, French door leading to the garden terrasse.
- En Suite Bathroom : a spa bath, Walk-in shower, double vanity unit with cupboards, toilet, bidet and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2- twin beds, bedside cabinet, wardrobe with drawers
- House WC
First Floor (wooden stairs with handrail)- Underfloor heating/tiled floors
- Living Space- very beautifully decorated, very light with lots of windows on all sides, old wooden beams, rafters and stone has been left exposed
- Sitting Room with three sofas, one pouf, coffee table, side tables, lamps, flat screen television with programmes in French and English. There is an old Inglenook stone fireplace (‘locally known as a ‘cantou’) and the room is open to the rafters. The Dining Room is in this same space and has a lovely large oval table with 8 dining chairs. A Raised Terrace leads from the sitting room and overlooks the pool and surrounding countryside- it is fully equipped with dining and lounge furniture plus barbecue.
- Kitchen : separate breakfast kitchen with large limestone table & 6 chairs, Smeg cooking range (electric oven and gas hob), extractor fan, integrated fridge/freezer, microwave, sink unir, cupboards and shelves, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle. Outside a small raised terrace
- Bedroom 3 (en suite) : King size bed (150cm), built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, chairs, lamps
Bathroom : a bath with shower over & shower screen, double vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail
Second Floor (wooden staircase, part hand rail) radiators & wood flooring
- Bedroom 4 Double bed (135cm), single bed, bed side cabinets, wardrobe, easy chair, 2 windows, open to the rafters, stone wall (this room can be a twin)
- Bedroom 5 – (Free-standing Slipper Bath & Vanity Unit in the bedroom)– Super King bed (180cm), bedside tables, wardrobe, chest of drawers, armchair, 2 windows and open to the rafters, stone wall., mirror, (NB This room can be made up as a twin)
- Bathroom – Corner bath with shower over and shower screen, vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail, mirror- Between Bedrooms 4 and 5
THERE IS ALSO AN EXTRA CHILD BED + A BABY COT
- Private patio and terrace
- In addition there are large gardens with flower shrubs, trees and grass area for ball games.
- Private Swimming Pool: 11m x 5m Roman steps. Heated by heat exchange pump and with a motorised cover.
- Swimming Pool Surround is tiled and complete with loungers, tables and parasols
- Poolhouse 12m x 4m with summer kitchen and sitting room, stone BBQ, fridge with freezer compartment, rattan sofa sets
- Car Parking.