5 bedroom Luxury Gite located close to Domme and Sarlat (10- 12 people)
A truly beautiful and HISTORIC STONE FARMHOUSE, part of which dates from the 16th century, complete with a fantastic stone inglenook fireplace (or ‘cantou’ as it is called locally). This EXPERTLY RESTORED HOUSE has everything to make your stay in the Dordogne both fabulous and memorable with its fully equipped breakfast kitchen, fantastic sitting room ‘salle cathedrale’ which is open to the rafters and a marvellous raised patio with lovely rural views - just perfect for a glass of wine or a relaxed lunch with family and friends… The house has WIFI throughout.
Le Chataignier gives our holiday makers access to an old authentic farmhouse with all its historical features but with the comfort and amenities of a modern,stylish home and all this in a location which is calm and peaceful but yet close to all the Dordogne's most famous sites and activities:- the Medieval town of Sarlat, Le Chateau de Castelnaud, Canooing on the Dordogne, Tree Top Climbing ....are all just a short drive away!
Le Chataignier has its own PRIVATE TERRACE WITH BARBECUE. In the large, shared garden there is a HEATED SWIMMING POOL (shared with Le Noyer) and superb pool deck with stone barbecue and summer seating/dining area.
Size: 210 m², this beautiful house offers you:
On the Groundfloor (Underfloor heating and tiled floors):
- Entrance – with doorbell and guest toilet
- Second Entrance – with cupboards and access to the Utility Room. Hairdryer
- Utility room with washer, dryer, ironing equipment, a second large frige/freezer, sink unit, boiler
- Bedroom 1 (en suite) : King size bed (150cm), bedside cabinets, chest of drawers, large wardrobes with mirror, lamps, French door leading to the garden terrasse.
- En Suite Bathroom : a spa bath, Walk-in shower, double vanity unit with cupboards, toilet and bidet, heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2- Adult (90x190cm) Bunk beds, bedside cabinet, chest of drawers
- Guest WC
First Floor (wooden stairs with handrail)- Underfloor heating/tiled floors
- Living Space- very beautifully decorated, very light with lots of windows on all sides, old wooden beams, rafters and stone has been left exposed
- Sitting Room with three sofas, one pouf, coffee table, side tables, lamps, flat screen television with programmes in French and English. There is an old Inglenook stone fireplace (‘locally known as a ‘cantou’) and the room is open to the rafters. The Dining Room is in this same space and has a lovely large oval table with 8 dining chairs. A Raised Terrace leads from the sitting room and overlooks the pool and surrounding countryside- it is fully equipped with dining and lounge furniture plus barbecue.
- Kitchen : separate breakfast kitchen with large limestone table & 6 chairs, Smeg cooking range (electric oven and gas hob), extractor fan, integrated fridge/freezer, microwave, sink unir, cupboards and shelves, toaster, Nespresso coffee machine, kettle. Outside a small raised terrace
- Bedroom 3 : King size bed (150cm), built-in wardrobe, chest of drawers, chairs, lamps
En suite Bathroom : a bath with shower over & shower screen, double vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail
Second Floor (wooden staircase, part hand rail) radiators & wood flooring
- Bedroom 4 – Double bed (135cm), single bed, bed side cabinets, wardrobe, easy chair, 2 windows, open to the rafters, stone wall, (this room can be used as a twin
- Bathroom – Corner bath with shower over and shower screen, vanity unit, WC, heated towel rail, mirror- Between Bedrooms 4 and 5
- Bedroom 5 (Free-standing Slipper Bath & Vanity Unit in the bedroom)– Super King bed (180cm), bedside tables, wardrobe, chest of drawers, armchair, 2 windows and open to the rafters, stone wall., mirror, (NB This room can be made up as a twin)
TWO EXTRA Z-BEDS & TWO COTS ARE AVAILABLE TO BE PLACED IN THE BEDROOMS AS REQUIRED
- Private terrace available to Le Chataignier
- In addition there are large shared gardens with flower shrubs, trees and grass area for ball games. This space is available to both gites
- Shared Swimming Pool: 11m x 5m Roman steps. Heated by heat exchange pump and with a motorised cover. The swimming pool and poolhouse are both available to both gites
- Swimming Pool Surround is tiled and complete with loungers, tables and parasols
- Poolhouse 12m x 4m with summer kitchen and sitting room, stone BBQ, fridge with freezer compartment, rattan sofa sets
- Car Parking.